Senior Software Engineer
Job title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Remote – within Australia
Type: Permanent / Full time
As a venture-backed startup, with global ambitions, we are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to join us in this mission.
As a key member of the engineering team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the overall platform architecture, technology and product roadmap. You will focus on expansion of key services to drive new capabilities and integrations with key strategic ecosystem partners, while strengthening security and processes.
Our SaaS platform simplifies and streamline the experience for collecting customer bill payments through process automation and by leveraging artificial intelligence.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Design the most appropriate architecture of a project and participate in the development process in a collaborative cross-functional team environment.
- Collaborating effectively with Sales, Account Managers, Producers, and Product Owners to define and deliver great products to market.
- Successfully collaborate with your team through software delivery projects.
- Be proactive in highlighting and suggesting areas for improvement in existing architectures, code standards and patterns; and proposing ideas and solutions to help improve these areas.
- Putting in place processes, practices and tools to ensure that software is developed to high quality standards.
- Maintaining and operating our existing products, including bug fixes, provisioning, deployments and production support.
To be successful in the role you must posses the following:
- A passion for all things technology
- Computer Science degree or related field
- At least 4 years’ work experience in developing applications, and good knowledge in web technologies
- Extensive experience in NodeJS (KoaJS), MySQL, noSQL and Caching (Redis)
- Experience with container based development and orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, ECS, Docker Swarm).
- Experience working in production infrastructure, deployment and performance tuning on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Good demonstrable knowledge automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with designing APIs in a scalable Service Oriented Architecture
- Ability to scope projects into technical documents and create tasks for developers
- Be proactive and keen to always improve solutions
- English, written and verbal communications skills
- You are an entrepreneur. You like to create things, build teams and can find ways around obstacles rather than be frustrated by them
- You are passionate about quality of your work and feel proud of what you deliver to customers. You would never deliver something you weren’t happy with
- You are a do-er not a talker. You want to be measured by your results and are not afraid to set the bar high
- You are happy doing challenging fun cutting edge work, but also know that the sometimes boring, low level stuff is important too. You can roll your sleeves up and take the rough with the smooth
- You have ideas and you push to ensure your ideas make a positive difference to where you work.
- You are curious about how technology can change the way we live and work. This curiosity leads you to take the initiative in terms of your own development and training. You may have taken a technology or business course outside of work.
- You like autonomy. Once you know what to do, you don’t need to be nannied but can be left alone to do an amazing job, and be judged by your results.
- You realise that work is about more than just turning up on time and doing your job. You take the initiative and do things that make your workplace more fun, for you and everyone around you.
- If you possess the requisites and are looking to develop world-class digital solutions, please apply with your resume and tell us why you’re the right candidate.
What we will offer
- A culture of results, not hours spent: Flex
To apply for the role, please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Work from anywhere
We know how to make remote teams work. Whilst you have an option to work in an office environment, we enable our team members to work from anywhere.
Growth & collaboration
Glider is a high growth start up, while we have ambitious scaling targets, we foster the culture of collaboration and inclusion amongst our team members to enable them to do their best work.
State of the art technology
Work with the latest technologies, leading tech stack – constantly innovating and exploring ideas.